Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Begining
I have the best little brother in the world!  He comes up with some great ideas on how to make our family bonding better and stronger.  It has become a tradition in our family for the brothers and their sons (if they are as crazy as their fathers) to do a hike every summer.  Last year the Tetons ( I did not make it due to work).   My crazy little bother Dan has made our goal this year to climb Mt Whitney.  The highest peak in the lower 48.  I love high goals!  But after reading about the high altitude sickness(two people almost died last year) and we will be in the middle of nowhere bear country.  Oh, and by the way, according to the official web site by the US Forest Service it could take days due to weather conditions to get a rescue helicopter in for a rescue,  I am in.  I have committed to the cause of friendship building and brotherly love and Awesome bonding experience with my sons!  Needless to say my 46 year old over weight body needs some fine tuning before we get on the trail.  This blog is my experience on how I prepared for the trip physically, mentally and in spirit.  I have a budget for gear and time.  I will go over all I have learned about the high tech equipment and how it functioned, my training, diet, medical issues and most important the hike. A true adventure is about to unfold!


Topics to come is a review of High Altitude Sickness, diet and workout planning, and  hikes we do to get us ready for the big one.

Today is day 4 of my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Right Here! Right Now!

So, have you ever asked your self the question  "how do People change?:  The Tim Farris Pod Cast is one of my go to pod cast that I lis...